It’s scientifically proven!
We were‘t all blessed with perfect teeth and a great smile but with the right information even those who cannot afford cosmetic dental procedures can achieve a beautiful smile.
Read to the end to learn how. We’ll give you the goods on dental crowns and more…
Did you know that your smile is one of the first things people notice about you? It’s also the most memorable feature of a person. Knowing that your smile has a big impact on your professional career will make you think about the importance of a nice smile.
When you have an impressionable smile you stand out from others in the room. This will help you land more sales, achieve a promotion, motivate others, and negotiate a higher salary.
What kind of impression does someone leave when a person struggles with a lack of confidence because of their crooked, misaligned teeth or other orthodontic issues?
It’s difficult for people to step up and take risks when they are uncomfortable with the way they appear. When people aren’t confident of every part of themselves, true success doesn’t come as easily.
Only for those who are satisfied with their appearance who are more likely to feel confident and secure with a winning smile!
There are a number of ways a dentist will help you achieve this amazing smile!
A survey was conducted among adults who had undergone orthodontic treatment, it was discovered that 80% reported that having a healthier smile gave them the confidence to do things they would have never considered before. That’s a big number!
There is a long-standing cosmetic dental procedure that’s been a fabulous solution to restore the look and functionality of damaged teeth for decades.
A crown looks identical to your own teeth and will immediately give you a gorgeous smile.
When a dentist recommends a dental crown, two questions may come up to mind:
What type of crown and what’s the cost?
The following will help you understand the different types of dental crowns and cost.
Why Might I need a Crown?
Over time, your teeth may become damaged. This may happen for a variety of reasons: tooth decay, injuries, or simply from natural use over time your teeth may lose strength, shape or size.
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped “caps” that fit snugly over your tooth; it feels like your own. The crown instantly restores your tooth’s shape, size, strength and appearance. The crown is cemented over your tooth.
How will you know if a crown is best for your situation?
After an x-ray and a thorough examination your dentist will evaluate your particular case and explain all possible treatments. The most common reasons that require a dental crown:
- A weakened tooth after severe decay or cavity
- To replace a large filling
- A cover a natural tooth that is damaged or cracked
- After a root canal
- To align your bite
- For aesthetics purposes: to achieve a beautiful smile, or to change the size, shape, and color of your teeth.
What is involved when getting a crown?
For crowns, plan to make at least three visits to your dentist; some may require more visits. It’s not possible to do in less than two, but good doctors, like Dr. Dennis may ask you to stop in one last time before you leave Mexico to make sure everything is working perfectly.
The process may be different for each type of dental crown, in general, getting a crown involves:
- Making a clay type impression of your teeth
- Sending impressions in to create crown (s)
- Preparing your tooth, which may involve decay removal, a root canal, or both?
Dr Dennis will make you a temporary tooth to wear until she installs your new crown the next day- in rare situations depending on the time of day she may install it on the same day.
She will instruct you on how to care for your temporary teeth to avoid eating hard or sticky food before your new crown is in place.
Most dentists will ask you to return a week later; Dr Dennis will have your crown in the next day!
What type of dental crown should I choose? There are 5 main types:
When you need a crown, it’s nice to know your options in advance. Dr. Dennis will give you options, and answer all questions you may have. In the meantime here is some general information on dental crowns and cost.
There are many different types of crowns that vary in material, cost, and particular procedure for each patients’ needs.
Gold crowns are in fact a combination of copper and other metals, such as nickel or chromium. The main advantage of gold crowns is their strength and durability.
For back restorations and depending on each patient’s needs, some dentists may suggest a gold crown as the preferred option.
However, gold crowns aren’t a very popular choice today due to their color and aesthetics.
- They are strong and highly resistant
- They last a long time if properly cared for
- Less of your natural tooth needs to be removed
- They wear slowly like your natural enamel
- They are ideal for posterior(back teeth) restorations
- Poor aesthetics: They don’t look like your natural tooth
- Gold alloy crowns can affect some people and produce allergic side effects such as swelling or other adverse reactions.
All Porcelain Crowns
This is definitely the most popular type of crown used nowadays. They are entirely made of porcelain material.
- Porcelain or ceramic crowns provide the best and most natural look. They match your surrounding teeth in shape, size, and color.
- The best option for front teeth restorations.
- They are biocompatible: that means no metal is used, so they are toxic-free.
- They are beautiful and may be made lighter in color especially when you have a partial to full set of front teeth made.
- They are not as strong as metal crowns. Porcelain crowns can last a long time, but you must take good care of them.
- Patients who suffer from bruxism should opt for gold of PFM (Porcelain fused-to-metal).
- They may be more costly than other types of crowns, such as metal crowns, but a positive advantage is, no metal will show at the gum line.
PORCELAIN FUSED-TO-METAL CROWNS (PFM)
Porcelain fused-to-metal (PFM) crowns are another widely used type of dental crowns. They provide both strength (due to their metal structure) and aesthetics (due to the porcelain coat that covers the cap).
- They provide great aesthetics and durability
- They’ve been around for over 50 years. We know they work well.
- They are less costly than all porcelain crowns
- The metal used in these crowns may cause a grey line at the gumline.
- The aesthetic look may suffer as a result of the dark showing through.
- For people who clench their teeth, this type of crown may wear down more easily against the opposing teeth.
- Note: Patients who suffer from Bruxism should opt for gold of PFM (Porcelain fused-to-metal)
- Your dentist will advise you on this.
Zirconium is a relatively new material that combines the strength of metal with the aesthetics of porcelain crowns. High translucent zirconia and layered zirconia crowns have become a more popular choice lately.
- They provide great aesthetics
- They are strong and long-lasting (less possibilities of chipping or breaking).
- The process can be less time consuming because zirconia can be cut and shaped at the same dental office. There’s no need to send them over to a dental lab.
- Zirconia Crowns are less likely to wear down due to their strength.
- They are biocompatible: as metal free crowns, they are not likely to cause allergic reactions.
- Their strength can make the teeth they bite against wear down easily.
- Solid Zirconia can be difficult to adjust
All porcelain crowns are in general will cost more than those that contain a form of metal.
Keep in mind the amount of work you need prior to the crown is not to be confused with the base costs of crowns.
The good news, if you decide to go to my favourite dentist in Los Algodones, Mexico, you will save up to 70% than any dentist in the United States and Canada. Los Algodones nickname is “Molar City” the “Dental Capital of the World”. In my opinion Dr Dennis is the crème de la crème (the best)!
Why Los Algodones?
Los Algodones, Mexico sits on the border of Yuma Arizona with quick and simple access and super easy to get to. There are over 300 dentists in one square mile. But that doesn’t matter when you already have the best to take good care of all your dental needs.
As soon as you cross the border, everything costs less; many people come just to shop, have hair & nails done, massages, get Botox, purchase prescription drugs, have eye exams and purchase eye-wear. There are many reasons why people visit Los Algodones regularly!
Dr Dennis has access to the best labs with quick, reliable service, the most up-to-date equipment, and highly-trained Dental Lab Technicians,
Travelling to Los Algodones form the United States and Canada will save you an enormous amount of money for dental. Even taking into account the costs for airfare, food, accommodations and taxi rides to and from Yuma, daily.
Although, I highly-recommend staying at Hotel California in Los Algodones, it’s just down the street from Dr. Dennis’s dental office.
Hotel California (Comfort and Suites) Los Algodones, (Baja California) Mexico
Once I stayed in Yuma because the hotels in Los Algodones were completely full. I travelled back and forth every day. It was much more expensive, it took much more time out of every day, had to wait too long for my Uber ride, and it was overall more stressful than the relaxing stay in the heart of Los Algodones!
Los Algodones Dental Prices & Comparison
Now that you have an idea of the different options for dental crowns, you may surely want to know the cost for various crowns and how they relate to costs in the U.S. and Canada.
The costs vary depending on the material used, the preparation required, the location and the dentist you choose.
Dental Crowns and Veneers
Porcelain Fused to Metal (PFM) Crown
All Porcelain/Ceramic Crown
The Reason for low cost for dental work in Los Algodones?
Everything in Mexico costs less than in the United States and Canada. The real estate, labor, food, and overall cost of living is lower.
Anytime real estate costs are low, all other expenses follows: building, maintenance, retail, and more. Therefore the dental prices are lower in Los Algodones in comparison to the U.S. and Canada.
We have the finest services and you can trust us for the best Los Algodones dental prices. Regardless of the dental services, you will receive high-quality standards and excellent care, all at a magnificent savings of 70% less than the United States.
A dental crown is a long-lasting restorative treatment. That means you will have a crown for many years. You will certainly want to choose a highly skilled professional dentist with the highest record of skill when weighing all factors before you decide.
Once your dental crown is in place you will take good care and have it checked regularly to avoid future problems.
Regardless If you have issues now or want to avoid them later; consider booking an x-ray and an exam with Dr. Dennis; she is friendly, professional, and cares about each and every patient as if they were her only concern.
Book your dental appointment today!